From: Realist and Meta-narrative Evidence Synthesis: Evolving Standards <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Juan David Parra Heredia
Sent: Friday, 1 March 2019 2:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: About the notion of "impact" in RE

PLEASE NOTE: When you click 'Reply' to any message it will be sent to all RAMESES List members. If you only want to reply to the sender please remove [log in to unmask] from the 'To:' section of your email.

Dear realists

In the planning of data collection instruments for one policy evaluation we are working at, a question emerged regarding the possibility of measuring “impact” with realist evaluations.

If it were for me, I would answer “yes”, it does. However, one of the challenges in introducing these techniques in certain contexts (in Latin America positivist and empiricists dominate de conversation) is to convey policy makers that we can indeed use realist frameworks to measure and study the impact of programmes and policies.

Any ideas on papers or other bibliographic sources to clarify these concepts?

Best regards

Juan David Parra

ResearchGate: : bit.do/JDPresearchgate