Dear all,

The Science@SAFE Meeting 2019 is taking place on the 27-29th March 2019. The meeting covers new and exciting research in tropical biology from the SAFE Project. If you haven’t heard of SAFE, it is a large experimental zone in Borneo monitoring the effects of deforestation on tropical forest, and they do fantastic work which I have experienced first hand.

What am I doing?

I am hoping to travel to the meeting to make between 10-20 videos for the conference. These will be recordings of entire presentations, and interviews with the speakers / organisers. The presentations will be edited with the slides so they can be watched back online - and copies given to the organisation and researchers alike. This will great improve dissemination of their research, and raise awareness for the project itself.

I have done this before at ECCB 2018, and for my day job I produce approximately 30 oncology videos per month at conferences worldwide. You can also read about SAFE on my website here.

The important bit

As of writing, I have 59 HOURS to raise the remaining £350, and every donation will really help no matter how small. You can find out much more on my Kickstarter.

My target is £500, which will just about cover my expenses, but at the end of the day this is almost entirely a voluntary endeavour, so any help reaching my goal would be hugely appreciated by myself, but also will help communicate the science of these researchers, and provide the researchers with materials to use in the future.

I would be glad to answer any questions, but hopefully the Kickstarter page will answer them for you first!

Many thanks,
Matt Jarvis

********************************************************************** psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe (or silence messages while away) send an email (any subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212 **********************************************************************