Dear colleagues

The 2016-based variant subnational population projections (SNPPs) will be published on Tuesday 9 April.

The three variants to be published are:

· High migration variant SNPPs, which sum to the totals in the England high migration variant in the 2016-based national population projections.

· Low migration variant SNPPs, which sum to the totals in the England low migration variant in the 2016-based national population projections.

· 10-year migration variant SNPPs, which sum to the totals in the England principal projection in the 2016-based national population projections. This is the same as the existing (principal) SNPPs, except that the distribution to local authority level is based on averages of 10 years of migration data rather than 5.

Due to time constraints and available resource these will be the only variants that we will be publishing for the 2016-based SNPPs. However, we welcome feedback about these variants and on any variants that you would like produced in the future.  This will help us improve our outputs to more fully meet our user needs.

Kind regards

Population Projections Unit
Office for National Statistics

Telephone number - 01329 444661
Email - [log in to unmask]

For the latest data on the economy and society, consult our website at http://www.ons.gov.uk

Please Note:  Incoming and outgoing email messages are routinely monitored for compliance with our policy on the use of electronic communications