Dear colleagues,
I wanted to share a blog I have just posted about gender inclusive language in Maternity on the Birth, Art & Culture space on All4maternity - Pls share.

The event, Oxytocin at King’s College London on 9th March will include a panel further exploring the issues
https://www.oxytocinbirthingtheworld.co.uk/

https://www.all4maternity.com/whats-in-a-name-gender-inclusion-in-maternity-and-beyond/

'More than ever young people self-define as gender fluid. This means they may not identify as being either male or female, but non-binary or as either at different times. In addition, people may be Trans, so their sex at birth and their identified gender are different, but they may need to access healthcare associated with their sex.
It is our professional responsibility, as healthcare professionals, to inform ourselves and act respectfully towards people who have these identities, and ensure they have access to healthcare without discrimination or abuse.'

Thanks
Best wishes
Laura
Artist & midwife

Sent from my iPhone

To unsubscribe from the MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH&A=1