Dear Friend and Colleagues

The BAFTSS Executive Committee is proud to unveil the shortlist for our 2019 BAFTSS Practice Awards.  After weeks of deliberating and some heated discussions, the judging panel, comprised of accomplished practitioner-scholars (Eylem Atakav, Charlotte Crofts, Shreepali Patel, Agnieszka Piotrowska [Chair] and Patrick Tarrant) has made its decision!  The winner of each category will be announced during our conference in Birmingham 25th-27th April 2019.

We want to congratulate the shortlisted colleagues and their teams and stress the exceptionally hard standard of practice research submissions this year, indicative of the field of practice research going from strength to strength. Here is the shortlist:

Audio visual and installation:

Freedom by  MacDonald and Geetha Jayaraman , Newcastle University

Surya Namaz by Deniz Soezen, University of Westminster

Documentary Film

Going Home, Garrabost Jayalakshmi,  Xi’an Jiaotong Liverpool University

Tokyo Pengyou by Jenny and Jamie Coates, University of Sheffield

Experimental short, experimental documentary, video essays:

China's Van Goughs by Kiki Tianqi Yu, University of West Scotland

The Place of Voice Over by Ian Garwood, University of Glasgow.

We look forward to seeing you all in Birmingham!

Kindest regards

Dr. Agnieszka Piotrowska

Reader in Film Practice and Theory

Course Leader MA/MSc Digital Film

University of Bedfordshire

 LU1 3JU, UK

Senior Fellow of Higher Education Academy

https://agnieszka-piotrowska.com/

 https://www.escapethemovie.net/

https://loversintime.wordpress.com

http://marecherathemovie.com