Hi Kirsty and all,

Good news!

Talis are working on enabling the ability to anonymise users as a bulk action from the All user profiles report, so I hope that over the next few months that we will be in a position to release this functionality in Talis Aspire.

I will add this as a point to cover in future Product Update webinars to give you an update on progress.

Here are some details on how we are approaching this. Talis are developing a bulk action to anonymise user data, the reason for this is a user, particularly a member of library staff, can touch a lot of lists and reviews, and those actions and decisions still need to be retained. By anonymising a user rather than deleting, removes all identifiers, Name, Email, Persistent ID but none of the actions by that unique user. By putting this functionality in the product as a bulk action will enable Universities to anonymise users in bulk based on last login dates and roles in order to clean up user data, as well as directly handle GDPR requests from individuals.

If you have a GDPR individual user request, where the user themselves instigates their right to be forgotten, do raise a support request in the meantime so that we can deal with that separately and timely, whilst this work is in progress.

Kind regards
Zena Amos

CI Product Analyst
Talis

support.talis.com

talis.com

Twitter: @talis

M: +44 (0) 7762 954 258

T: +44 (0) 121 374 2740

E: [log in to unmask]

Registration open!
Talis Insight Europe 2019, Birmingham 30th April - 1st May: talis.com/insight