Hi,

I have had a query from a doctor who wants to do an audit in their department comparing their rates with national/international rates.

She wants statistics on rates of infection following skin biopsies in dermatological departments.

I have found some articles – which report very low rates.

But I thought I’d mine everyone’s knowledge to see if anyone knows if there may be officially reported rates for the NHS anywhere.

I don’t think there will be but if anyone has any ideas?

Thanks,
Sarah

We do literature searches for research, clinical audit, service improvement,  patient information and education.
Please contact your local library for further information.

Sarah George BLib(Hons), MCILIP.
Library Services Manager
Education Library Education Centre Neath Port Talbot Hospital /Princess of Wales Hospital
POW Tel: 01656 753612
NPT Tel: 01639 862369

Email: [log in to unmask]

Search for health information at the ABMU Libraries webpage (access to UpToDate, databases and ejournals) www.wales.nhs.uk/abmlibraryservices

Borrow books for free. Search the Library catalogue at http://nhswaleslibrarysearch.cardiff.ac.uk/

Reduce your carbon footprint. Do you need to print this email?

Cymraeg;-

Mae'r neges hon yn gyfrinachol. Os nad chi yw'r derbynnydd y bwriedid y neges ar ei gyfer, rhowch wybod i'r anfodydd yn ddioed. Dylid ystyried unrhywd ddatganiadau neu sylwadau a wneir uchod yn rhai personol, ac nid o angenrhiad yn rhai o eiddo Bwrdd Iechyd Prifysgol Abertawe Bro Morgannwg, nac unrhyw ran gyfansoddol ohoni na chorff cysylltiedig.

Cofiwch fod yn ymwybodol ei bod yn bosibl y bydd disgwyl i Fwrdd Iechyd Prifysgol Abertawe Bro Morgannwg roi cyhoeddusrwydd i gynnwys unrhyw e-bost neu ohebiaeth a dderbynnir, yn unol ag amodau'r Ddeddf Rhyddid Gwybodaeth 2000. I gael rhagor o wybodaeth am Rhyddid Gwybodaeth, cofiwch gyfeirio at wefan Bwrdd Iechyd Prifysgol Abertawe Bro Morgannwg yn www.abm.wales.nhs.uk

English:-

This message is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of the message then please notify the sender immediately. Any of the statements or comments made above should be regarded as personal and not necessarily those of Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board, any constituent part or connected body.

Please be aware that, under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board may be required to make public the content of any emails or correspondence received. For further information on the Freedom of Information, please refer to the Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board website www.abm.wales.nhs.uk

To unsubscribe from the LIS-MEDICAL list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-MEDICAL&A=1