An opportunity to dip your toes into the world of clinical librarianship...

Clinical Librarian - Band 6
(Maternity cover - 8 Months starting June 2019)
http://jobs.nbt.nhs.uk/job/v1533296

Fixed term- 8 Months Maternity Cover
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Job ref: 339-HGL0256.
Site: Southmead Hospital, Bristol
Salary: £28,050 - £36,644 per annum

Closing: 19/02/2019 23:59
Interview date: 27/02/2019

"Hugely helpful in a job where we have limited spare time - invaluable service"

Now entering its third year of operation our clinical librarian service is highly valued by staff across the trust. We are looking for an experienced healthcare librarian to join us to provide maternity cover until February 2020. (8 Months starting June 2019)

You will be one of two clinical librarians, working closely with departments and teams throughout the hospital. You will

*play a vital role in providing highly specific, quality filtered information from a range of resources
*inform the clinical decision-making and service-planning processes
*promote a culture of evidence-based practice
*contribute to improved patient care and quality improvement
*have the freedom to act autonomously and develop the service

You will need the eye of an entrepreneur to spot and exploit potential opportunities, using considerable initiative to develop the role, and adopting excellent public relations and marketing skills to promote the service. This is a job for somebody who really knows their information sources and has the confidence and ability to help staff, both clinical and beyond, engage with the evidence base.

North Bristol Trust is the largest acute trust in the South West and home to the Brunel Building, a spectacular and multi-award winning facility which opened less than five years ago. It is one of the most modern healthcare facilities in Europe, where you'll more than likely encounter robots doing deliveries to the wards.

Our Director of Nursing, Sue Jones, says that North Bristol Trust has "an outstanding library service" - come and be part of it.

Katie Barnard
Clinical Librarian

Library and Knowledge Service
North Bristol NHS Trust
1st Floor, Learning and Research
Southmead Hospital
Bristol, BS10 5NB

Tel: (011741)47973

[cid:image001.png@01D4ACD6.CEE48A90]<http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=athens&profile=dmp&groupid=main>
NEW! Dynamed training available - contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> for dates and times.
Login with your Athens credentials to use Dynamed and get access to current,
evidence-based information to support decision making at the point of care.

DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. Thank you.