If you’ve struggled into the office on this snowy Friday, why not reward yourself with a look at the latest Issue (11) of Historic England Research digital magazine, incorporated into Historic England's Latest Research feature. https://historicengland.org.uk/whats-new/research/

The lead story focuses on how interacting with the historic environment can benefit our wellbeing. https://historicengland.org.uk/whats-new/research/wellbeing-and-the-historic-environment/

You can also:

-Look at a project to review the condition of textile mills that are so characteristic of the North-West https://historicengland.org.uk/whats-new/research/reviewing-the-condition-of-historic-textile-mills-in-the-north-west/

-Examine what archived palaeoenvironmental evidence can tell us about past ways of life- and the opportunities and challenges that face the archives

https://historicengland.org.uk/whats-new/research/archaeological-palaeoenvironmental-archiving-the-challenges-and-opportunities/

-See how heritage science has revealed some unexpected discoveries from a Roman cemetery at Birdoswald on Hadrian's Wall

https://historicengland.org.uk/whats-new/research/waking-the-birdoswald-dead/

-Learn about a project that has helped to reawaken interest in Exeter's heritage after a tragic fire https://historicengland.org.uk/whats-new/research/exeter-s-cathedral-yard-fire-surrounding-buildings/

You can download all the articles as a PDF magazine if that is your preferred format: https://historicengland.org.uk/images-books/publications/historic-england-research-11/

Kind regards- we hope you enjoy the issue.

Robin

Robin Page

Digital Coordinator

Content Team

Public Engagement

Direct Dial: 01793 414617

Historic England | The Engine House | Fire Fly Avenue | Swindon | SN2 2EH

Historic England Logo

We are the public body that helps people care for, enjoy and celebrate England's spectacular historic environment, from beaches and battlefields to parks and pie shops.
Follow us:  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram     Sign up to our newsletter

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of Historic England unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to Historic England may become publicly available. We respect your privacy and the use of your information. Please read our full privacy policy for more information.

To unsubscribe from the HERFORUM list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=HERFORUM&A=1