Hi guys

Thanks for the various replies

Andrew - had read through the Scottish stuff a while but couldn’t remember what it was called, or where to find it! But being reminded of it helps focus my thoughts – I think what I was trying to get at is the difference between known extents, potential and discovery polygons. Though I think Discovery polygons is a bit of a weird one – I get it, but am not sure it would be a priority for us.

Keith – could you send me the manuals please?

Others – what I was trying to ask is related to what SHED got at – are you polygonising potential, or only known extents? Or both eg the suspected route of a Roman road as well as the bits where is known to exist, for example?

thanks

best wishes

Nick Boldrini

Historic Environment Record Officer