Hi all, and apologies for cross-postings: The Loop consortium, founded as a OneGeology initiative, with geosurvey and Australian Research Council support, brings together geological surveys and research institutions in Australia, Canada, France, Germany and the UK to found a new Open Source initiative to build the next generation of 3D geological modelling tools. The Loop consortium is working with the MinEx CRC, the world’s largest mineral exploration collaboration bringing together industry, government and research organisations. The Automated 3D Modelling project, led by Professor Mark Jessell and Dr Mark Lindsay, will be developing new techniques to reduce the time taken from receiving drilling data to constructing probabilistic and objective geological models. Apart from several 3D modelling PhD opportunities at the host universities, (see http://loop3d.org), we now have a 3-year postdoctoral fellow position available at the University of Western Australia to work on uncertainty characterisation and mitigation in 3D geological models. We are looking for a researcher with experience in geoscience research in 3D modelling, sensitivity analysis and integrated geophysical interpretation. http://external.jobs.uwa.edu.au/cw/en/job/502742/research-fellow-3d-modelling Full time, fixed term appointment for 3 years Salary range: Level B AU$98,526 - AU$116,792 p.a. plus 17% superannuation UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050. We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered. UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2017). Applications close: 17 Mar 2019 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time cheers Mark & Mark [log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe from the GEO-TECTONICS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=GEO-TECTONICS&A=1