Dear all,

We are advertising a four-year fully-funded PhD position in Zircon Petrology at VU Amsterdam, the Netherlands. The student will use a combination of experimental and metamorphic petrology to improve constraints on the use of zircon crystals as thermobarometers in metamorphic and magmatic processes. You will develop a zircon trace element thermobarometer and validate it using UHP metamorphic rocks. The project will be carried out under supervision of Dr. Fraukje Brouwer (Metamorphic Petrology) and Prof. Wim van Westrenen (Experimental Petrology) with an extensive international team of collaborators.

More information on the job and the application procedure may be found at https://workingat.vu.nl/ad/zircon-phd/xepnl0
Please feel free to contact me for more information. The deadline for applications is 3 March, 2019 and the position is available from then.

I would appreciate it if this announcement could be passed on to potential applicants.
Best wishes,

Fraukje

Dr. Fraukje M. Brouwer
Associate Professor of Metamorphic Petrology | Director BSc Earth Sciences

Geology & Geochemistry cluster | Department of Earth Sciences | Faculty of Science | VU Amsterdam
De Boelelaan 1085 | 1081 HV Amsterdam | The Netherlands

Phone +31-20-598 7335 | Fax +31-20-646 2457
https://science.vu.nl/en/research/earth-sciences/research/cluster-geology-and-geochemistry
https://research.vu.nl/en/persons/fm-brouwer