We are seeking a highly motivated Postdoc candidate (2-year period) to work on combining MR Electric Impedance Tomography (MREIT) with realistic electric field calculations for use in individual dose control of Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (TDCS). It is part of a larger project headed by Associate Professor Axel Thielscher (Danish Research Centre for Magnetic Resonance, DRCMR & Technical University of Denmark) that aims to establish a rationale dose control for TDCS and explore the effects of higher current strengths for TDCS. The project is performed in collaboration with Professor Hartwig Siebner (DRCMR) and Professor Gottfried Schlaug (Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston).

We aim to leverage our recently developed MREIT methods and FEM models of the TDCS-induced electric fields based on our well-established SimNIBS package (www.simnibs.org) to quantify the physical stimulation strength of TDCS at the individual brain level. By comparing the individual fields with multimodal assessments of TDCS-induced brain activity changes and behavioral stimulation effects, we will assess dose-response relationships for several TDCS montages targeting the motor cortex to optimize their physiological effects.

We are seeking a PostDoc interested in MREIT methods and their integration with the FEM-based electric field calculations for model verification and calibration. You should have a PhD degree in physics, computer science, biomedical engineering or equivalent academic qualifications. Prior experience in MR physics, numerical methods for field calculations, MREIT or MRCDI reconstruction methods or EEG/MEG inverse methods are desirable. Good programming skills are necessary, preferably in Matlab, Python and C/C++.

Please see
https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=342&ProjectId=216517&DepartmentId=18051&MediaId=4754
for further information.