Hi Mo

Unfortunately you have not included the response from PHE to which you are reacting.

Could you perhaps share a copy with us?

Yours

Laura

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 at 17:01, Mo Stewart <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Thanks Professor, although I should mention that I am Mrs Stewart, not Mr Stewart.

Your attached letter is addressed to Mrs Mo Steward, instead of Mo Stewart.

The contents of your letter are noted, as is your total disregard of the content of all the papers attached to the original contact, demonstrating the preventable harm knowingly created by the DWP as social policies are influenced by corporate America; and both the commissioned research reports, used by a former government in 2008 to adopt the fatally flawed WCA to resist funding long-term sickness benefit have failed all academic scrutiny.

I suggest that that fact alone should attract comment from PHE.

Failing to answer direct questions with direct answers is the hallmark of a government with a lot to hide, is standard with contact from the DWP, and is unacceptable. I’m unhappy to note that PHE have adopted the same technique as, with the greatest of respect, your response to my contact is unrelated to the concerns I attempted to bring to the attention of PHE.

The fact that life expectancy has slowed in the UK was well reported at the time, and most of us working in this field are familiar with the PHE reports that you identified in your response, now attached for access by others.

However, we are still waiting for a response from PHE in reaction to the identified preventable harm created by the adoption of a fatally flawed assessment model, that disregards all diagnosis, prognosis and past medical history in the ongoing attempts by the DWP to resist funding long-term sickness and disability benefit to those in greatest need. See attached.

We now live in a country where those living with chronic illness live in fear of the DWP due entirely to the flawed assessment, the threat of sanctions and the relentless coercion and intimidation found in every DWP letter to chronically ill benefit claimants. That tyranny should be worthy of comment by PHE.

The fact that significant evidence is totally disregarded by PHE is cause for concern.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely

Mo Stewart

Emerald Literati Awards

“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter.”

Martin Luther-King Jr

Mo Stewart

Fellow, the Centre for Welfare Reform

Author of ‘Cash Not Care: the planned demolition of the UK welfare state’. New Generation Publishing 2016

https://www.mostewartresearch.co.uk

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mo_Stewart/publications

*** The contents of this email are intended for the recipient only and may be confidential. Permission is not given for this information to be published, forwarded or distributed further. ***