Hi,

All my Win7 workstations are dual boot Win7/Kubuntu-18.04. All work fine on both OS. In particular, Coot, PyMol, Discovery Studio etc work fine in stereo using Nvidia Vision 1 and 2 glasses and Asus VG278H monitors with built-in IR emitter.

I had a HP Z620 under Win10 for which PenGL stereo was working up to some makor update. But since then stereo no longer worked: as soon as Coot was shifting to hardware stereo it crashed. I think this was due to Windows restrictions in accessing the kernel. I sold this workstations but recently a friend was trying to have hardware stereo on a Win10 computer and we observed the same problem with Coot.

Nevertheless I read yesterday a paper annoucing that for the its next major update in April Win10 will allow to run all 32-bits programs without any restriction. So one can hope Coot will be again working in stereo under Win10.

HTH,
Philippe

Philippe BENAS, Ph.D.

ARN UPR 9002 CNRS
IBMC Strasbourg
15, rue René Descartes
F-67084 STRASBOURG cedex
+33.3.8841.7109
E-mails: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
URLs: http://www-ibmc.u-strasbg.fr/ , http://www-ibmc.u-strasbg.fr/spip-arn/