From:"Roger Rowlett" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent Time:2019-02-17 00:47:55 (Sunday)
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] SO4 or PO4

Two things to look at that could provide a clue:

Examine the anomalous map for some density over the central atom. Sulfur will often, but not always have significant anomalous density depending on the wavelength and quality of data set.

Phosphate is normally HPO4= or H2PO4-. Look for phosphate donor to acceptor hydrogen bonding contacts. Sulfate rarely has donor to acceptor hydrogen bonding contacts, as it is SO4= at any reasonable pH.

Roger Rowlett