So your work with O'Hara as opposed to Emma as alter-ego? Just my two cents!

Cheers,
Luke

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 at 02:40, Luke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I liked the idea of a "parody" of confessionalism...

> Felix’s poem seems to fit more with the idea of an experimental confessionalism that is raw, confrontational and performative, but also aware of the shortcomings of its own premises.

I don't know Felix Bernstein's work, though one could be drawn to things that don't make sense, like the death of a sister. I suppose, from the snippets you quote, that it is what you say it is, raw, performative. I suppose that those quotes seem to work "premised" on something more distancing than Charles', of e.g. Freud, So:

>> I think of Emma climbing the icy rocks of our imagined world and taking a fatal misstep

seems more lived through. This is not me trying to detract from anyone's work, but I feel that one has to "confront" the reader at least as much as oneself?

Cheers,
Luke