***With apologies for cross-posting***

Please note that the deadline for applications to the Centre for Archive and Information Studies (CAIS) at the University of Dundee to enrol on a PGDip/MLitt/MSc programme in May 2019 is March 15th. CAIS offers Masters degrees and single courses for continuing professional development, all by online distance learning. Please see below or look at our website for more information on our programmes and details of how to apply - http://www.dundee.ac.uk/cais

Masters in Archives and Records Management / Masters in Records Management with Digital Preservation or Information Rights by online distance learning

The need for high quality information management and recordkeeping in organisations has never been higher, nor has the need for appropriately educated information professionals. Our programmes focus on the theory and practice required for a career in archives, records management, information rights compliance or digital recordkeeping, giving you the knowledge and expertise you need to improve your organisation's management of information, records and archives and to mitigate the risks arising from their mismanagement. All of our courses is taught by a recognised expert practitioner and educator, and our learning materials offer a strong blend of high-level academic and experience-based learning. Student support is central to our approach to online learning. You will study in a cohort each semester and be in regular contact with your tutors, other students and CAIS staff throughout.

A Masters degree comprises 180 credits and takes 2.5-5 years. The degrees consist of a series of core and optional taught courses (120 credits) and a Masters dissertation (60 credits). Semesters last for nine (10 credits) or fifteen weeks (20 credits) and there are three semesters each session (September, January and May). Early exit points are available.

Postgraduate certificates and short courses for continuing professional development

CAIS offers a number of postgraduate certificates and all CAIS courses are available individually as short courses for continuing professional development. A postgraduate certificate or short course is a popular option for existing professionals seeking to acquire new skills or update their knowledge of particular aspects of the profession. They can also be used as evidence in professional accreditation or registration schemes.

Postgraduate certificates include:

- Digital Recordkeeping

- Records Management and Information Rights

- Archival Studies

CAIS courses are available for single-module study via CPD. Details available on our website.

Why choose CAIS?

CAIS is one of the largest providers of dedicated recordkeeping degrees and courses by distance learning in the world, with an international network of tutors and students. Our proven track record in the delivery of professional education in recordkeeping by online distance learning is recognised in full professional accreditation by Archives & Records Association UK & Ireland (ARA) and Records & Information Management Professionals Australasia (RIMPA) and by a commendation from the Information and Records Management Society UK (IRMS).

Our students and graduates are our best advocates:

‘Of the Masters courses available…these are the most diverse and interesting, and the most flexible.’

‘CAIS has an excellent programme and it was a great experience.’

'From all the chats I had with other UK [Masters] students, I think you'd be pleased to hear that Dundee comes out extremely well (best in my humble opinion, but then I'm probably biased), both in terms of what's covered in the modules, but also in terms of the level of support and personal attention to students' individual needs/circumstances.'

'I always felt like everyone was really invested in helping students succeed. I would certainly come back to Dundee for further training needs and I often recommend the course to our volunteers!’

How to apply

For further information on how to apply please see http://www.dundee.ac.uk/cais/howtoapply/

For our current fees please see http://www.dundee.ac.uk/cais/howtoapply/fees/

If you have any questions on any aspect of CAIS provision, please feel free to contact us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Best wishes,

Dr. Craig Gauld

[niversity of Dundee shield logo]<http://uod.ac.uk/sig-home>

Dr. Craig Gauld
Lecturer in Archive and Information Studies / Distance-Learning Officer for the School of Humanities.
Archive and Information Studies, University of Dundee
[log in to unmask] | +44(0)1382 388420<mailto:+44(0)1382%20388420>

[niversity of Dundee Facebook]<http://uod.ac.uk/sig-fb> [niversity of Dundee Twitter] <http://uod.ac.uk/sig-tw>  [niversity of Dundee LinkedIn] <http://uod.ac.uk/sig-li>  [niversity of Dundee YouTube] <http://uod.ac.uk/sig-yt>  [niversity of Dundee Instagram] <http://uod.ac.uk/sig-ig>  [niversity of Dundee Snapchat] <http://uod.ac.uk/sig-sc>

We're Scottish University of the Year again!<http://uod.ac.uk/sig-strapline>
The Times / Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016 and 2017