Less than one in 10 people keep their important documents in a storage facility, while over half use unsuitable conditions that ‘could see files begin deteriorating in just one week’.

In the right conditions, documents can last for centuries, but many contemporary files are decaying much more quickly.

Research shows that some 50-year-old paper is already in worse condition than records from 500 years ago due to factors including the composition of modern paper, production processes and pollutants in the atmosphere.

http://bit.ly/2DC7OSk
http://bit.ly/2DC7OSk+

--
Peterk