Dear all,

I have also had the luck to meet Anne in Paris during a post-doc (2012-2014) there and it is with great sorrow that I heard the sad news. My project was not directly relevant to her research but I always enjoyed discussing with her over lunch at the museum's canteen about everything zooarch, political and cultural issues (some mentioned by Roz), etc. I find it hard to come to terms with the fact that a person with so much energy and vitality is no longer with us. She will be greatly missed by all and my sincerest condolences to her family and her research family at the MNHN.
Angelos

Sent from Outlook

From: Analysis of animal remains from archaeological sites <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Roz Gillis <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 22 January 2019 11:35
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ZOOARCH] Anne Tresset

Dear Zooarch list,

It was with great sadness when I heard the news about Anne. Her work was immensely important and the formed the foundation from which I built my PhD and post-doc research. Her groundbreaking work demonstrating dairy husbandry in early French Neolithic contexts and development of methodology (combination of stable isotopes and age-at-death analysis) to hugely important to the study of Neolithic husbandry practices.

When I came to Paris to start my PhD, she was very welcoming and loved to talk about all things Scottish, such as the auld alliance between France and Scotland. I remember fondly her spirited debates about research and her passion for archaeozoology. She was an inspiration to me and to numerous young researchers at the museum and who she invited and welcomed from institutions abroad.

She will be greatly missed although I am glad she is no longer in pain and at peace after such a long and courageous flight.

My thoughts are with her family and her research family at the museum.

Roz Gillis

To unsubscribe from the ZOOARCH list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=ZOOARCH&A=1