Incendiary Walk - Viewing the new 'Temple of Fire'
Part of the exhibition 'Incendiary' curated by Patricia Brien

Date: Sunday 10th February

Meeting place: TBA

Times:
Meeting time: 11:00
Return: 15:00

Distance: 6 - 7 km
Terrain: Off road with some hills

Bring:
Packed lunch and drinks
Art materials, notebooks, cameras/camera phones/video cameras etc
Wear: strong walking boots, clothing appropriate for the weather

Walking the Land artists and invited guest Sabine Kussmaul invite you to walk, view and creatively respond to the new £600+ million incinerator currently being built by your County Council and it’s partner Ubraser at Haresfield.

The impact on the local environment from an aesthetic point of view is considerable - it monopolises the environment in which it sits.
The impact of the facility from an environmental point of view is even more considerable - with the distinct possibility that hazardous particulate matter will be borne through the air across the local area.

This new ’Temple of Fire’ has a chimney taller than the spire of Gloucester Cathedral; it’s slab sided and garishly coloured main building emerging against the woodland and fields of the Cotswold escarpment and dominating the Severn Vale.
Our walk will skirt the countryside around the building, looking at how architecture’s form and function is at odds with the environment. During the walk, you’ll be invited to stop and draw, write, film, photograph or just to engage and observe.

The 6 - 7 km walk will be led by artists Lucy Guenot, Rachel McDonnell and Kel Portman

Numbers are limited and so booking is essential.
The walk is free, but we invite participants to donate to a wildlife charity of their choice.

For details of booking please view our website: www.walkingtheland.org.uk or alternatively leave a message on our Walking the Land facebook page: @artistswalking

Once you’ve booked, we’ll send you details of our meeting place and directions