Yes - good to see walkshops. I used this term last year for my first ever walk, not knowing it was widely used.

On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 at 18:21, Christos Galanis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
If I may add a footnote to the Flaneur/Flaneuse/FlanX* debate and whatever the final blessed entry ends up being:

* While contemporary debates over the gendering, not gendering, and un-gendering of walking subjects continue to unfold, it can be noted that the gendering of nouns and pronouns retained still in Latinic languages are the breadcrumbs that lead us back to a pre-modern, animistic Europe where 'objects' were persons with agency and social capacities. Rather than denoting the binary sexualized-gendering of passive objects, the gendering of other-than-human beings was a recognition of personhood in the same way that ships, guitars, or cars are sometimes still gendered in English today to represent a deep bond of affection and mutuality.

Christos Galanis
PhD Candidate - Human Geography
University Of Edinburgh, Scotland