And here is a snippet of my PhD research - Walking 'as if'

Deep Time, Shallow Water, This (approximately) ten mile round trip is for the over 50s (like myself) and local landowners, and focuses upon exploring land-locked terrain that sits below sea level, collecting submersive testimonies, walking As if...ankle deep. Place names on the preliminary route evoke a Saxon landscape heritage where Mump and Zoy refer to islands, and Andersea offers a highly descriptive accented view. The route is as follows: Burrow Mump - down Barrow Lane to Broad Drain to Henleys Farm to Aquaduct, along the River Parret to Raymonds Farm, to and through Andersea to Westonzoyland, to Langmead Drove via Disused Airfield, to Middlezoy, down Holloway Road to Othery, over the A361 to Pathe, to War Moor and back to Burrow Mump. Conversations  focus upon experiences of flooding.

Laura