I also like the French errer - meaning both to wander and to err.  So maybe errancy may find a place in the walking lexicon.

Best

Carl

From: Walking Artists Network [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Louise Ann Wilson [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2019 1:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Dictionary/Glossary of Walking Art

Some more suggestions:

Surrogate Walk/Walker: a walk undertaken on behalf of someone who can no longer walk.

First-Foot: the first person across the threshold on New Years eve (bringing good luck and carrying objects such as coal, a coin, salt, drink  and song). Quaaltagh or qualtagh in Manx Gaelic.

Beating the Bounds (going-a-ganging): walking the bounds of the parish on Rogation Day.

Sleepwalking/Somnambulism: walking while asleep.

Life-Event Walk: a walk undertaken to emplace, re-image and transform (in the smallest of ways) a life-event. Relates to pilgrimage undertaken for a rites-of-passage.

Best wishes,
Louise.

Louise Ann Wilson
www.louiseannwilson.com