Sorry to ask the questions below, but since not knowing where to start
has stopped me updating some startlink software for >2 years, I
thought I should post it. I should be able to google it but there is
such a ton of info on git / github, much of it contradictory, that I
can nevever wuite work out where to start. If anyone has a link to a
clear starlink-specific guide, I would be happy to read it.

I want to make a trivial adjustment to a script shipped with PAMELA
inside starlink. How do I go about this?

1) Do I fork the starlink repository? Not clear that I need to.
2) Do I clone it? I think I should.
3) Do I fork & clone it?
4) Having edited the script, do I push it to my forked repository (if
I have such a thing) or to the main starlink one (probably not
allowed?)
5) Do I make a pull request to get the change into the main repository?

thanks for your patience; one day I will get the hang of it all maybe,

tom