Hi Susanne

maybe tSNR in ROI showing activations vs those that do not? but a t value is some sort of SNR already ..

this function https://github.com/CPernet/spmup/blob/master/spmup_temporalSNR.m take time series and masks as input, so it should do the trick for full brain and ROI --> multiple ROI mask by the spm segmented images GM and maybe WM and input those (I never tried but should work, let me know if you try)

cyril

From: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Susanne Rubon <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 20 January 2019 18:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SPM] signal to noise of a fMRI task

Dear experts,

A reviewer asked whether there is enough signal to noise in our fMRI task with a X number of trials per condition.
Given the ambiguous use of (t) signal-to-noise / contrast-to-noise ratio definitions for task related fMRI design and their dependence on scanning parameters, I am unsure which approach to choose. Would you calculate several mean tSNR on a single subject level to demonstrate stable results?

Sorry for the possibly very basic question.

Thanks so much,
Susanne