I agree. It doesn't ring true (though of course it might be. Happy New Year to all, Judith

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 5:06 AM Mary Hamer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Agreed: ‘meaningful’ alone is anachronistic.

Happy New Year, though!

Mary

On 2 Jan. 2019, at 9:54 am, John Radcliffe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Doesn’t sound like Kipling to me.

Happy New Year to all

John R

Sent from my iPhone

On 2 Jan 2019, at 09:06, John Walker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I have been asked for the source of the following quotation, attributed on line to JRK, and noted as from Kim.

This is a brief life, but in its brevity it offers us some splendid moments, some meaningful adventures.

I cannot find it, in my digital copy, or elsewhere in the canon. This is a good excuse for lifting down the actual volume, but I might still miss it!

All good wishes for 2019

John

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 02/01/19, 09:03:07

To unsubscribe from the RUDYARD-KIPLING list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=RUDYARD-KIPLING&A=1