From: Robert Bennett
Sent: 18 January 2019 13:40
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Job Opportunities (reminder)

Dear list members,

Please see the below, posted on behalf of my colleagues in Ceredigion County Council.

Kind regards,

Robert Bennett

Information and Records Management Support Officer

Swyddog Cymorth - Rheoli Gwybodaeth a Chofnodion

Archives, Information and Records Management

Archifau, Rheoli Gwybodaeth a Chofnodion

ICT and Customer Services

TGCh a Gwasanaethau i Gwsmeriaid

* Ceredigion County Council,

        Canolfan Rheidol, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion SY23 3UE

(01970633573)

CCCCrestColourTextRightRasterPNG  (Resized)Caru Ceredigion

Colleagues,

Just a reminder that the deadline for the two DP/RM vacancies in Ceredigion Archives is this Monday, 21 January.

Ceredigion Council’s jobs site creates a personalized search page for every person using it so we cannot post a direct link. I have copied and pasted the job descriptions below.

To access them online, go to Ceredigion’s website: http://www.ceredigion.gov.uk/resident/jobs-careers/jobs/ and follow the Current Vacancies link from there. Select ‘Library/Museum and Archives’ from the Job Category menu and click Search; no need to type anything in the search box as these are the only vacancies advertised in that category.

Best wishes,

Dr. Ania Skarýyñska

Uwch Archifyddes / Senior Archivist

CRO logo

Sut i ddod o hyd i ni ar-lein (blog, FB, a mwy) / How to find us on-line (blog, FB, & more)

Post :  Data Protection Information & Records Management Officer

Ref: REQ101414

Department :  Customer Contact : Archives, Information and Records Management

Location :  Canolfan Rheidol Aberystwyth

Salary :  Grade  11 (GBP 34,106 - GBP 36,153)

Hours :  37 hours per week

Type of Contract :  Permanent

We are a friendly team delivering a full range of Information Services for Ceredigion County Council, including Data Protection, Information and Records Management  and Archives.  We are based in the town of Aberystwyth, mid-way on the coast of Cardigan Bay. Aberystwyth is a University town with a great cultural life, including the world-famous National Library of Wales. The county boasts magnificent countryside, loads of fresh air, low crime rates and reasonable house prices .

We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic and committed individual to be the lead Data Protection Officer for the authority and lead our data protection team.

The post holder will act as our Corporate Data Protection Officer (DPO) managing the implementation and maintenance of GDPR and Data Protection legislation throughout the authority and developing processes and policy to support Information Governance throughout the authority and schools.

Previous experience of Data Protection is essential.

The post is based in Canolfan Rheidol, Aberystwyth but may involve travel to other council sites within Ceredigion as needed.

The successful applicant must be friendly, open and polite, approachable, have good logical and creative skills to support colleagues, services and data subjects.

There is a Welsh language requirement in this post and you will be fully supported in the workplace to learn the language.

In exchange for your skills and interest, we will offer in return the opportunity to work in a forward thinking and ambitious organisation. In addition, you will be eligible to receive a number of employee benefits including:

*   from 26 up to 36 days annual leave days per year (plus 8 public holidays)

*   flexible working arrangements, including time off for Medical, Dental and Optician appointments

*   generous Local Government Pension Scheme

*   a range of learning and development opportunities, including Ceredigion Manager Development Programme.

*   salary sacrifice schemes including the Cycle to Work scheme, Additional Voluntary Pension Contributions

*   Health and Wellbeing initiatives including discounted memberships to our local leisure centres, free and confidential counselling provision

*   life-style savings and Vectis card

and more !

For further information and / or an informal discussion regarding the post please contact Helen Palmer on 01970 633697 or [log in to unmask]

Closing date: 21.1.2019

Job Description and Personal Specification

Job title: Information & Records Management Support Officer

Job reference: REQ101415

Application closing date: 21/01/2019

Location: Aberystwyth

Salary: £23,866.00 - £25,463.00

Package: Local Government Pension Scheme

Salary:  Grade 8 - GBP 23,866 -GBP 25,463

Contract: Temporary, for one year

Hours:  Full time, 37 hours per week

We are a friendly team delivering a full range of Information Services for Ceredigion County Council, including Data Protection, Information and Records Management and Archives.  We are based in the town of Aberystwyth, mid-way on the coast of Cardigan Bay. Aberystwyth is a University town with a great cultural life, including the world-famous National Library of Wales. The county boasts magnificent countryside, loads of fresh air, low crime rates and reasonable house prices.

This new post will support the work of the Information and Records Management Service (IRM Service) in developing and delivering Information Governance throughout the authority, and will share the responsibility of implementing a robust audit, training and assessment process in support of this aim.

The post holder will assist in the development, maintenance and delivery of policies, strategies and procedures relating to all aspects of information governance, with particular reference to Data Protection legislation, Information and Records Management and Information Sharing, and will assist in providing expert guidance to the authority and its staff in information governance, liaising with services, and legal advisors as appropriate.

The post holder will support the delivery of Digital Transformation within the authority through effective data management within a framework of legal compliance, best practice & business need.

The post holder will assist in the management of Data Protection delivery in the authority in researching and responding to subject access requests, and in delivering training, advice and support to staff within the authority

[...]

Job description & Person Specification

--

Rydym yn croesawu gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg a Saesneg. Cewch ateb Cymraeg i bob gohebiaeth Gymraeg ac ateb Saesneg i bob gohebiaeth Saesneg. Ni fydd gohebu yn Gymraeg yn arwain at oedi.

Ymwadiad:

Er y cymerir pob gofal posib i sicrhau cywirdeb unrhyw wybodaeth a chyngor a roddir yn yr ohebiaeth hon, ni dderbynnir atebolrwydd am unrhyw golledion a all godi o unrhyw gamgymeriadau sy'n gynwysedig ac fe'ch atgoffir o'r angen i chi ofyn am gyngor proffesiynol eich hun.

Bwriedir y neges ebost hon, ac unrhyw atodiadau iddi, at sylw'r person(au) y'i danfonwyd atynt yn unig. Os nad chi yw'r derbynnydd y cyfeiriwyd y neges hon ato ef neu hi, neu'r person sydd gyfrifol am drosglwyddo'r neges hon iddo ef neu hi, mi ddylech hysbysu'r anfonwr ar eich union. Oni bai mai chi yw'r person neu gynrychiolydd y person y cyfeiriwyd y neges hon at ef neu hi nid ydych wedi eich awdurdodi i, ac ni ddylech chi, ddarllen, copio, dosbarthu, defnyddio na chadw'r neges hon nac unrhyw gyfran ohoni.

O dan y Ddeddf Amddiffyn Data 1998 a Deddf Rhyddid Gwybodaeth 2000 gellir datgelu cynnwys y negest ebost hon.

We welcome correspondence in Welsh and English. Correspondence received in Welsh will be answered in Welsh and correspondence in English will be answered in English. Corresponding in Welsh will not involve any delay.

Disclaimer:

While reasonable care is taken to ensure the correctness of any information and advice given in this correspondence no liability is accepted for losses arising from any errors contained in it and you are reminded of the need to obtain your own professional advice.

The information in this email and any attachments is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, or person responsible for delivering this information to the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately. Unless you are the intended recipient or his/her representative you are not authorised to, and must not, read, copy, distribute, use or retain this message or any part of it.

Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000 the contents of this email may be disclosed.

To view the list archives go to: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the words UNSUBSCRIBE RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]