Sorry for cross-posting. Please spread the word!

CALL FOR PAPERS:
OCD in Society - Making Sense of a Hidden Illness
Queen Mary University of London

Queen Mary University of London will host a conference (8 June 2019) that will bring together OCD sufferers, charities, artists, and psychotherapists with scholars from different disciplines who research Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD). The aim of the conference is not only to explore how different meanings about OCD are produced and circulated, but also how they get regulated in society. Hence, the conference will emphasize the use of qualitative methods in researching OCD. As a consequence, we will have academics presenting their research, a roundtable to discuss issues surrounding strategies of prevention and to raise awareness, a workshop about cognitive-behavioral therapy, and exposed artwork and performances.

Confirmed keynote speaker:

Confirmed roundtable speakers:

Confirmed workshop therapist:
The conference will have a panel for 4-6 academics from the humanities and social sciences who use qualitative / discourse-based approaches in their study of OCD to present their work (15-20min + 10min Q&A). Please take a look at the attached PDF for more information on the range of topics that we are looking for and visit the webpage https://ocdinsociety.wixsite.com/homeThe deadline for abstracts (300 words without references) is 24th March 2019.

We would like to stress that EVERYBODY is welcome (from the academic who does not research the topic to people who do not know what OCD is and people who suffer from it). We just need your registration (free) in order to keep track of the number of people who will attend the event: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/ocd-in-society-making-sense-of-a-hidden-illness-tickets-55348498850

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,

Elvis Coimbra Gomes
PhD Student sponsored by Bakala Foundation and ESRC
Copy-Editor of CADAAD Journal

Arts Research Centre
Linguistics Department
Queen Mary University of London
Mile End Road
London E1 4NS, UK

To unsubscribe from the QUALITATIVE-RESEARCH list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=QUALITATIVE-RESEARCH&A=1