Hello everyone,

Thanks a lot for all the useful inputs, a lot of food for thought.

To respond to Paolo, this is for Italian students of different schools, and
for an adult audience later in the evening, as part of a science festival
where we are going to cover how to respond to calamities, medieval castles,
AI to manage big events and molecular motors, besides generic drugs - so a
pretty broad spectrum.

Armando

Mail
priva di virus. www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Il giorno gio 10 gen 2019 alle ore 12:44 Euan Preston <[log in to unmask]>
ha scritto:

> [...]
>> ophthalmology with eye drops. We now have so many branded and unbranded eye
>> drops, with and without preservatives and with different bottle designs it
>> has actually made people’s ability to track and administer their own
>> medication more challenging because of the different storage and bottle
>> usage techniques.
>>

>> Will you be covering biosimilars in this? A huge amount has been done by
>> big pharma to challenge biosimilar switching and even whether the
>> biosimilar should be given the same generic name as the branded counterpart.
>>

>> I hope this is helpful.
>>
>> Andi
>>

>> *Dr. Andi Skilton*
>>

>> t: +44 (0)20 7608 6949 or 7982
>>
>> e: [log in to unmask]
>>

>> *From: *"psci-com: on public engagement with science" <
>> [log in to unmask]> on behalf of Armando Carlone <
>> *Date: *Wednesday, 9 January 2019 at 15:26
>> *To: *"[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>> *Subject: *[PSCI-COM] generic drugs - talk to high school students
>>

>> Hello everyone,
>>

>> I am giving a talk  to high school students (16-19 y.o.) about generic
>> drugs and wanted to hear your thoughts on which ideas and arguments would
>> you discuss in such a talk.
>>

>> I was going to start from the perception of more expensive -> better
>> quality, going through why patents are there for, why they expire, the cost
>> of developing a drug, the fact that generics are same quality and
>> bioavailability, why generics are cheaper...
>>

>> Armando

>> to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring
>> text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com
>> nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail
>> (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at
>> [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use
>> policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print
>> Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212
>> to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring
>> text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com
>> nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail
>> (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at
>> [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use
>> policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print
>> Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212
> to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring
> text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com
> nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail
> (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at
> [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use
> policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print
> Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212

psci-com how-to:
Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]