MSc Science Communication

If you’re looking to develop or build your career in science communication, the Science Communication Unit based at UWE Bristol, UK, is recruiting to its popular MSc in Science Communication. Running for well over a decade, the Unit pools its expertise, resources and contacts to deliver a renowned postgraduate programme that offers excellent professional development opportunities for those already working as science communicators or those aiming to move into the field.

Whether you’re interested in science writing, exhibitions, comedy, stage shows or any field of science communication, you will have an opportunity to develop your skills on this practically-focused course. There is also the flexibility to explore how to communicate fields of science you are passionate about – whether it’s environmental science, medicine, astronomy or quantum physics!

Building professional networks and gaining experience are vital to starting and developing a career in science communication. The connections of the staff within the Science Communication Unit mean that we are able to offer placements to students through our Learning Lab initiative.

Student loans are available for those studying the MSc full time and a bursary scheme is in place. The course is timetabled to allow our students to fit their studies around work commitments.

To find out more about our MSc in Science Communication visit: http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/research/sciencecommunicationunit/coursesandtraining/postgraduatecourses.aspx

or

Contact the Programme Leader [log in to unmask] or +44 (0)117 328 3332 for details of our graduate destinations after study, bursaries available at UWE Bristol and our fees for 2019/20.

You are also welcome to come in to see us here in Bristol to find out more about the programme.

Science Communication Unit
Department of Health and Applied Sciences
Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences
Coldharbour Lane
University of the West of England
Bristol  BS16 1QY
United Kingdom

t: 01173283919
e: [log in to unmask]

Apologies for cross posting.

********************************************************************** psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe (or silence messages while away) send an email (any subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212 **********************************************************************