Posted on behalf of Cordi Scott [log in to unmask]
Jo
(psci-com owner)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Tactile Universe workshop training sessions
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 13:55:08 +0000
From: Cordi Scott <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

The Tactile Universe (www.tactileuniverse.org) is a public engagement project which is opening up current astronomy research to visually impaired people in the UK through accessible tactile teaching resources.

If you are a teacher, science communicator, outreach officer or an interested member of the public who would like to use our resources with your local VI community, we would like to invite you to join us for a day of learning about the project and the free resources that we have to offer.

The day will consist of

  • a general introduction to the project, the team and the tactile models that we have produced;
  • demonstrations of our example accessible workshops for Key Stage 2 and 3 students (upper primary and lower secondary school);
  • discussions of best practice when working with VI students;
  • demonstrations showing how you can make your own tactile models using our custom software;
  • and a networking session.
Our training sessions will be held in:
As places for each workshop are limited, we would suggest choosing to attend the workshop most geographically suitable for you if this is at all possible.

For more information on the training sessions, school workshops, availability of our resources or project in general, please do not hesitate to contact the Tactile Universe team at [log in to unmask].

Cordelia Scott BSc (Hons) [she/her]

SEPnet Public Engagement & Outreach Manager

Institute of Cosmology and Gravitation
University of Portsmouth
023 9284 5157

07522 219 484

********************************************************************** psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe (or silence messages while away) send an email (any subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212 **********************************************************************