We are looking for a statistician to join a thriving and dynamic clinical trials unit supporting high quality clinical trials in primary care, psychiatry, women’s health, surgery and beyond. The Pragmatic Clinical Trials Unit (PCTU) is located in the Centre for Primary Care and Public Health and linked with the Unit for Social and Community Psychiatry based in Newham. The PCTU has particular expertise in pragmatic trials: trials of interventions as they would be delivered in practice. You will be joining a team of statisticians and health economists currently working within the unit on a wide variety of trials, systematic reviews/meta-analysis and observational studies at different stages of their development and completion. The unit also carries out methodological research related to trials, and has an international reputation for its work on cluster-randomised trials and trials of complex interventions.
The post will involve contributing to trial protocols, developing statistical analysis plans, conducting statistical analyses, and liaising with other researchers and health professionals. You will contribute to a small amount of teaching, and carry out some methodological work. You will possess a higher degree in statistics or other relevant subject (MSc or higher), have some experience of medical research and a good knowledge of clinical trial design and analysis. You will also be a strong and enthusiastic communicator about the value of sound statistical approaches. The ability to work as part of a team and to organize and prioritise your own work are essential.
This post is fixed term for three years and we will consider applications from those wishing to work full-time or part-time.  Please indicate your preference on the application form.  The expected start date is as soon as possible.  Starting salary will be in the range of £33,615 to £44,015 per annum, dependent upon experience and inclusive of London Allowance. Benefits include 30 days annual leave, pension scheme and interest-free season ticket loan.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.
Informal enquiries should be addressed to Sally Kerry at [log in to unmask] or on +44 (0)20 7882 2708.

Details about the school can be found at https://www.qmul.ac.uk/smd/ and PCTU at https://www.qmul.ac.uk/pctu/

To apply for the role, please follow the link below.

https://webapps2.is.qmul.ac.uk/jobs/job.action?jobRef=QMUL16862

The closing date for applications is 08 February 2019.  Interviews are expected to be held shortly thereafter.

Valuing Diversity & Committed to Equality

The School of Medicine and Athena SWAN Charter for Women in Science.

The School of Medicine holds a Silver Athena SWAN Award.  We are committed to the equality of opportunities and to advancing women’s careers.  We have policies to support staff returning from long-term absence, for flexible arrangements for staff with parental responsibilities and for childcare support.  As part of the School’s commitment to the Athena SWAN principles we strongly encourage applications from women.