I am delighted to announce the availability of (several) Faculty positions
at the University of California, San Diego's Design Lab.

Details are at https://designlab.ucsd.edu/jobs/faculty-and-staff/

Although the ad is for Assistant Professors, we haved been given permission
to consider new, tenured Associate Professor applications for truly
outstanding candidates

The Design Lab is not a department, so we cannot hire directly. So read the
requirements carefully: Candidates must be acceptable both to the Design
Lab and to a department in the University -- any department that teaches
undergraduates.

*NOTE:*
Below I give pointers to work we are currently doing and a direction for
future work. Applicants do NOT have to be in these areas. We are
particularly interested in people who expand the visions of Design, pushing
the field into more important, new directions.  People who simply do what
we are already doing will not do as well as those who push us in exciting
new directions.

If you want to know what we do now, look over the website:
designLab.ucsd.edu.

You might also view this 50-second video on the "Future of Design"
https://www.dropbox.com/s/57mnjynybtb1l5j/21st%20Century%20Design.mp4?dl=0

and this PDF of the slides for a talk I will soon be giving in Dubai and
Ahmedabad.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5suc3vwl0gedjic/Norman%20WGS%202019%20%28Dubai%20UAE%29%2021st%20Century%20Design%201.3.pdf?dl=0

*NOTE:  *I am (deliberately) NOT on the search committee.

Don

--
*(Be patient. I do not read emails every day: I catch up on weekends.*
*My assistant alerts me to urgent items.)*

Don Norman
Prof. and Director, DesignLab, UC San Diego
[log in to unmask] designlab.ucsd.edu/  www.jnd.org  <http://www.jnd.org/>
Executive Assistant:
Olga McConnell, [log in to unmask]  +1 858 534-0992