On behalf of the EPSRC Funded AI3SD Network+ (Artificial Intelligence and Augmented Intelligence for Automated Investigations for Scientific Discovery - www.ai3sd.org) I just wanted to let you know that we have announced our first funding call (details below) and there will be a Town Meeting on the 22nd January for anyone interested in this funding call to ask questions and to find potential collaborators. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/ai3sd-network-town-meeting-tickets-54358644168

AI3SD was set up to bring together researchers looking to show how cutting edge artificial and augmented intelligence technologies can be used to push the boundaries of scientific discovery. We have chosen Design and Synthesis of Chemicals and Materials (including property prediction, synthesis and manufacture) as the inter-related areas for the initial cutting-edge exemplars on which to focus the landscape for the Network+’s activities.  These areas are critical to meeting the majority of the UN sustainability goals, and are at the top of the UK Industrial Strategy.

Based on this our first funding call is themed around Chemical Discovery. Subsequent calls will focus more on the areas of Materials Discovery. The main areas of priority are:

Novel aspects of AI and Drug Discovery

Machine Learning and AI Reasoning for Chemical Discovery

AI for Chemical Assemblies, Nanoscience

AI, Molecular Topology and Property Prediction

Synergies between AI and Simulations

However, as we seek to fund high quality feasibility and pilot proposals in the general area of AI for Scientific Discovery in the Chemical and Materials Sciences and will therefore consider novel proposals outside the priority areas.

Our Application Form and Guidance Documents are available on the website  Please read the guidance documents very carefully before filling in the application form, and note that: Individual projects can request up to £40,000 funding (total spend up to £50,000 as per FEC 80%). Applicants will be awarded 80% of the full cost, and the institution receiving the award is responsible for the remaining 20%.

Key Dates

Network+ Town Meeting – 22nd January 2019 - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/ai3sd-network-town-meeting-tickets-54358644168

Deadline for applications submitted by e-mail to the Network+ Coordinator at [log in to unmask]18th February 2019

Successful applicants will be notified by 21st March 2019

Successful projects should be prepared to start as soon as possible from when the announcement is made, preferably before 1st July 2019, subject to completing the AI3SD Network+ Award Agreement.

Projects will be expected to report on progress in November at the Network+ Conference (dates to be confirmed shortly)

Network+ Town Meeting

We will be holding a Network+ Town Meeting on 22nd Jan 2019 at the SCI London (13:30-17:00) where prospective applicants can come along and ask questions about the funding application process, the review process, the areas of priority, and the nature of the projects themselves. A record of these questions and answers will be taken and made available on our website after the meeting.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/ai3sd-network-town-meeting-tickets-54358644168

Contacts and Further Info

For more information on the AI3SD Network+ visit our website: www.ai3sd.org

If you have any questions please contact our Network+ Coordinator Dr Samantha Kanza on [log in to unmask]

Best Wishes,

Dr Samantha Kanza

Enterprise Fellow Network+ Coordinator

AI3 Science Discovery Network+