There are references to St. Pierre Foley in David Bick's "The old copper
mines of Snowdonia", pages 26 and 28 in my 1982 copyright paperback
copy, in the section referring to Gilfach and Cwm Ciprwth mines.

This says that he was secretary of the Mining Company of Wales, which
was promoted on a grand scale in London, with a prospectus issued in
summer 1850.  They aimed to develop mines and slate workings throughout
Wales.

The section includes a quote describing him as "of Irish mining and
geological celebrity".

The scheme seems to have survived for less than two years.