Dear colleagues,

away from British and North-American scholarship on the history of science for some time - and just coming back to it -  I take the liberty to send a bottle on this list.

I have been investing the material history of the human and social science over th long 20c - considering tools and "data management" denoted, according to me, work relationship - and helped sketching power relations in the making of science.

I have recently got a sense of the relevance of the prospect for East Asia  (https://journals.openedition.org/traces/7078) Yet, my knowledge of the literature  so far, has been confined to French research - on colonial and rural investigations.   - and realized that I badly needed to get into similar scholarship for Britain and the British empire - to start with.

It would be extremely kind if you could think of important or less-known works about investigations of social science and humanities, either disciplinary or comparative which I might be interested in.

In addition - I wonder whether anyone could guide me to a book about the changes of "data management" in the social science (either a textbook or critical work) - which has hit French universities at the request of European universities, as a new step in that history of knowledge which I am interested in.

I am deeply conscious that my email is resquesting a full library of references (books and papers). However I would greatly appreciate your help in picking some of them, significant to your eyes - on or off list.

With kindest regards, and many thanks in advance,

Christelle Rabier

maîtresse de conférences en sciences sociales, Ehess
Tracés. Revue de sciences humaines -
Dernière parution:  "Infrastructures, techniques et politique" (n°35, 2018)
Plus d'info sur le Carnet de Tracés

To unsubscribe from the MERSENNE list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=MERSENNE&A=1