Hi All

Has anyone successfully automated the monitoring of links to e-resources to check that customers can access the content they should be able to through your discovery layer? Although we try and make sure that all our packages are appropriately recorded and keep an eye out for changes we are uncomfortable about how dependant we are on our e-resource and discovery layer suppliers (and that our customers are effectively testing those links for us). Colleagues in IT use various tools to monitor uptime for systems (including the discovery layer) and we are wondering if anyone has implemented something similar for e-resources.

With apologies for cross posting.

Happy New Year!

Robin

Robin Armstrong Viner | Head of Collection Management

Library Collections, Information Services, University of Kent

Templeman D | G | 15

Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, UK

Tel: +44 (0)1227 827649 | Fax: +44 (0)1227 823984

www.kent.ac.uk/library | @UKCLibraryIT

lis-e-resources is a UKSG list - http://www.uksg.org UKSG groups also available on Facebook and LinkedIn Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/UKSG