Dear colleagues,

For all those of you who will be around in Berlin on February 11th (a Monday):

You’re all cordially invited to the launch of my book The Wounded Self: Writing Illness in Twenty-First-Century German Literature (Camden House, 2018).

The event is free and will take place on 11 February 2019, 8 pm. The venue is the so-called Lettrétage in Kreuzberg: https://www.lettretage.de/programm/aktuelles-programm/

More about the book here: https://boydellandbrewer.com/the-wounded-self.html

I have the pleasure of sharing the stage with Paul-Henri Campbell, who will read poems from his volume ‘nach den narkosen’ (2017) and discuss illness and disability as literary themes with me.

And there’ll be a bar!

All best wishes,

Nina

--

Dr. Nina Schmidt

Post-Doc im Einstein-Projekt 'Patho/Graphics'

Friedrich-Schlegel-Graduiertenschule

Freie Universität Berlin

Habelschwerdter Allee 45

JK 33/ 124

D-14195 Berlin

Tel: +49-30-838-59809

Out now: ‘The Wounded Self: Writing Illness in Twenty-First-Century German Literature’ (2018) by Nina Schmidt

To unsubscribe from the GERMAN-STUDIES list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=GERMAN-STUDIES&A=1