Dear all,

When I joined the Council of the GeolSoc I was made liaison
person with the "History of Geology Group" (HOGG).  This
group is helping the GeolSoc to celebrate the centenary of
admission of women as Fellows by holding a conference
on the historical contribution of women to geology, on
21-22 May 2019 at Burlington House.  See

https://www.geolsoc.org.uk/HOGG-Female-Fellows-Event

I think that women geophysicists shouldn't be left out
even if they were fellows of the RAS not the GeolSoc
(the RAS celebrated its corresponding centenary in 2016).
So I am putting this round the list in case anyone on it would like to
contribute a talk or poster about a pioneering female geophysicist
to HOGG's conference.  The centenary is an important
occasion - since true gender equality still needs some work.

The deadline for abstracts is 31st January 2019.

Regards,
Sheila Peacock,
list co-owner and member of GeolSoc Council.