SEG has added Induced Seismicity as a theme in its annual meeting program starting at the meeting in San Antonio in 2019.

Title of the session:  Induced Seismicity: Observations, Analysis, Processes and Mitigation

Description:  Earthquakes of anthropogenic origin occur in many places in North America.  They have become an important societal issue particularly in places where natural earthquakes are uncommon.  We solicit contributions from laboratory experiments, field observations, data mining/analysis and modeling studies that explore the processes, site conditions, and operational parameters that control induced seismicity. In addition, we encourage contributions that discuss hazard, mitigation, regulatory/policy approaches, and case studies.

Call for Abstracts: Opens – Feb 1, 2019; Closes – Apr 1, 2019

Website:  https://seg.org/Annual-Meeting-2019/Call-for-Abstracts

Meeting dates: Sep 15-20, 2019

Location: San Antonio. TX

 Website:  https://seg.org/Annual-Meeting-2019

Please pass on to anyone who might be interested