>>Roger Anderton holds that Einstein was mistranslated, and most intellectuals are reluctant to be challenged on long-held beliefs.  (I have found that to be the case.)

On this issue yes, but it is only when a lot of intellectuals make a fuss and get upset does the general public then take an interest and it gets reported in the news. Anything that allows intellectuals to keep on sleeping goes unnoticed.

Einstein being misunderstood would upset quite a few peoples' egos.