Dear all,
The CFP for the next issue of *Zapruder World: An International Journal for
the History of Social Conflict* is out. The theme is "*Cinema and Social
Conflicts*," co-edited by Luca Peretti, Daniel Fairfax, André Keiji
Kunigami.

The issue aims at bringing different perspectives on how cinema has
functioned as a means to narrate and consolidate the memory of social
conflicts, and as site of dispute, mediation, and production of struggles.
Be it in film theory, grassroots guerrilla filmmaking, or transnational
networks of alternative distribution and exhibition, cinema not only
represents but also produces, imagines, and enables different modes of
political struggle. We call for papers that go beyond the analysis of the
issue of historical representation, addressing how cinema has contributed
to social struggles in any and all intersections of nation, class, sex, and
race. We are equally interested in contributions that look at how the
history of social conflicts has contributed to the shaping of cinema*.*

We invite contributions focusing on any area of the world, which address
one or more of the following themes:

   - Cinema and revolutions
   - Cinema and/as anti-colonial struggle
   - Cinema, new media, and networked modes of resistance
   - Guerrilla cinema
   - Cinema and activism
   - Political film theory
   - Cinema and territorial conflict
   - Indigenous cinema
   - Film and labor
   - Cinema, sex, gender, race
   - Cinema and incarceration
   - Politics of distribution and exhibition
   - Film history and the politics of archive
   - Cinema and strikes

Abstracts in English (200-400 words) shall be sent to
[log in to unmask] by *February 15, 2019*. All contributors will
be informed about the status of their abstract submission by March 5, 2019.
The full article (6,000-9,000 words) will be expected by June 15, 2019.
More details on:
http://zapruderworld.org/journal/call-for-submissions/?fbclid=IwAR0j6DxBgzeInWI0orDTq2I1Y2KBYZJrAKonHPr_TUyhypaQWxBAIyssQQI

--
André Keiji Kunigami