Hi Board Members,
I need to draw the solvent accessible surface representation figure for a cation channel pore from the channel coordinates. The Hole program and the documentation is already handy to obtain the 2D-plot (pore radius vs channel coordinate) and the coloured dot surface but is limiting for a publishable figure.
Here is what I did
I used the HOLE programs sph_process and qpt_conv to obtain the dot surface file as mentioned in http://www.holeprogram.org/doc/index.html#_plotting_a_2d_graph_of_pore_radius_vs_channel_coordinate which I sourced onto VMD.
I was unable to get rid off the dots which appear more than certain radius limit. I could not control these in sph_process either. Could anyone suggest me the standard way or fine steps to circumvent this ?

Ashok Nayak
Post-Doctoral Fellow,
Department of Physiology and Biophysics
VCU Medical Centre,