From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of wtempel
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 6:20 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] hybrid photon counter in the home lab

Hi,
I would value your opinions in this equipment-related question.
Allé et al have compared detector types with a molybdemon source for a small molecule application<https://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0031-8949/91/6/063001>. Are there similar published comparisons for protein crystallography? What benefits can I expect from replacing a CCD detector with a hybrid photon counter at an energy of 8 keV and in the absence of the flux that a modern synchrotron provides?

Thank you in advance.
Wolfram Tempel