Hi all,

Announcing:

Generic Greeting // intimate pussy, present ~~ a launch event for the poetry pamphlet

Cash/sex: A verse essay for voices, alto, contralto
by Joey Frances & Bryony Bates

with readings from ~~

Bryony Bates
Joey Frances
Nell Osborne &
Alastair Gold

Thursday 17th January, Gullivers NQ, Manchester, M4 1LW, 7pm

~~~~

"So what does this account of, as of, a common experience do / with
people who find making money unproblematic
people who find unproblematic in practice
people with the opportunities
to get rich and no moral compunction
we mostly know what we'd do with them"

written at the twin crossroads of two poets' extended experience of self-death & re-becoming, the hard willful whimper to be (de)subjected ~ /please accept my attached application i eagerly await your response/ ~ that is belated initiation into the functioning cycle of production & reproduction; think of cash/sex as a dialogic & sloppy suture of feeling souls, a collapsed consumer engagement webinar, a glimpse at the flesh of your shithead boss's open tabs, ogling at the action of exchange upon the working body.

& talking of your emptied out wallets, & emptier spirits, going as they do by the name of January, it is our most heart-throbbing pleasure to invite you to shake off the post-festive comedown with a free evening of poetic frivolities, feturing a full reading of the pamphlet cash/sex, by the poets, alongside reading events by friends and comrades.

~~~~

More info &c: https://www.facebook.com/events/329026441025116/

Hope to see some people there.

Joey

To unsubscribe from the BRITISH-IRISH-POETS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=BRITISH-IRISH-POETS&A=1