ast month the Montpelier Digital Collections Project was announced as a recipient of the National Endowment of the Humanities’ Digital Humanities Advancements Grant. Montpelier, a stately plantation house located in the hills north of Charlottesville, Virginia, is best known as the former home of the United State’s fourth president, James Madison. While we might think of the history of Madison’s life and times as set, new archaeological and archival research has been steadily building on our understanding of this period in our nation’s past. Scholarly research in archaeology and history often ends up in academic journals, locked behind paywalls, or dusty archives that are difficult for the public to access.

http://bit.ly/2F4LBQf
http://bit.ly/2F4LBQf+

--
Peterk