Hi

We have been donated a considerable collection of published books. The donor has asked us to provide a written valuation for the collection so that he can claim tax relief to this value (he is a resident of the Isle of Man).

I realise that this isn't archive material but I am sure someone out there will have received a similar request. My question really is whether it is as simple as checking against secondhand values (although there are several hundred volumes) and declaring this, or whether there is some trap into which we are about to fall...

TIA

Philip Kirk
The Bus Archive