The 2019 British Records Association conference will be held in London on
Thursday 25 April.

Following a successful conference on the records of shops and shopping in
2017 we will be turning our attention to the suburbs.

Our confirmed speakers include Joanna Smith of Historic England who will
set the scene with an overview of the project on suburbs initiated by
English Heritage in 2012 and now nearing completion, Sally Bevan of London
Metropolitan Archives who will focus on the creation and growth of
Hampstead Garden Suburb, and Jim Ranahan of the Shakespeare Birthplace
Trust who will speak about the Suburban Birmingham Research Project and the
development of civic amenities within suburban developments.

We are planning to include a panel session within the programme which will
allow archivists (and / or enthusiasts!) 5-10 minutes to showcase a
collection which documents the history of a particular suburb. If you would
be interested in contributing to this session, I would be delighted to hear
from you.

The British Records Association is a charity which aims to promote the
preservation, understanding, accessibility and study of our recorded
heritage for the public benefit. It is open to anyone interested in records
and archives whether local historians, academics, professional archivists,
or custodians and owners of collections - or simply those who are curious
about the record of our past. You can find out more at:
www.britishrecordsassociation.org.uk

Best wishes
Victoria Northwood
Hon Secretary