From: Research Data Management discussion list <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Tom Griffin - UKRI STFC
Sent: 08 December 2018 17:27
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Publishing very large datasets

There is a free Globus training course at Rutherford Appleton Laboratory on 10th Jan

https://www.scd.stfc.ac.uk/Pages/The-Globus-World-Tour.aspx

Do you need to transfer and share huge amounts of research data? If you do, you might be interested in this training course.

The Scientific Computing Department (SCD), in collaboration with Globus Online, is hosting and managing a one-day training course on the Globus research data management service.

 Globus was developed by the University of Chicago and is used by hundreds of thousands of researchers at institutions worldwide. In this training course, which is free of charge, the Globus team will present the inner workings of Globus and the means for using Globus as part of your research.

Who is it for?

This course will be useful if you are anticipating large amount of data being moved between data sources and your machine learning frameworks, and is targeted at:

What will you get out of it?

View the program

The training is being held at the STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Didcot, Oxfordshire, on 10th January 2019 but places are limited so REGISTER NOW to secure your place.

Best Regards,

Tom

Tom Griffin

Director, Scientific Computing Department

Science and Technology Facilities Council

+44 (0)1235 445305